Dental Crowns in Garden City
Is a big cavity, large filling or a severely weakened, worn down or cracked tooth bothering you? The solution is Dental crowns. Dental Crowns in Garden City affixed by Robert M Peskin DDS, protects your teeth from getting damaged further. Having any confusion regarding dental crowns? Read on to get a clear idea.
What is a Dental Crown?
The crown and the root make up human teeth. Part of the tooth which can be spotted inside the mouth is called a crown. A dental crown is a lid which is put on an impaired tooth in order to restore it. It covers the outside of the tooth partially or completely and protects the tooth.
What Are the Types of Dental Crowns?
- A temporary crown is placed with an adhesive and can be removed easily. It is a stand-in for a permanent dental crown.
- Using design and manufacturing aided by computer, One day crown is offered by several dental clinics. The dental crowns in Garden City is designed, milled and affixed on the same day in the clinic.
- If a full crown is not needed you have the option to choose an Onlay crown or 3/4 crown which covers only a part of the teeth.
What are the Materials Used in Dental Crowns?
Materials ranging from ceramic, zirconia, porcelain and composite resin are used for making dental crowns in Garden City. Moreover, metals and a combination of materials too can be employed as well. A porcelain crown blended with metal can be opted instead of an all porcelain dental crown.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Dental Crowns in Garden City:
The composition of your dental crown is determined by following factors:
- The position of tooth and gum tissue
- Color of neighboring teeth
- Remaining natural teeth
- Function of the tooth needing the crown
You can consult our Cosmetic Dentist in Garden City regarding your personal preferences.
What Is the Cost of Dental Crowns?
It differs according to the materials, size, number of teeth, level of procedures before installation etc. In order to bring down out-of-pocket-expenditure, a dental insurance covering all the costs can be opted for. Consulting with our dentist Dr. Robert M. Peskin for an estimate can be helpful.
How to Properly Take Care of Dental Crowns?
The more attentive you are about your dental crowns in Garden City, the more durability it will have. Careful brushing to flossing on a daily basis will add to your crown’s longevity. Avoiding hard foods, grinding and clenching can help as well.
Fill you're looking for dental crowns treatment in Garden City, visit our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Robert M. Peskin. For more information call us at 516-746-2434 and schedule an appointment today.